FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Question: How long will one patch last?
Answer: Each patch will last all day on your cap, even longer, just hang it up overnight and wear it again the next day. It can last up to 3 days.
- Question: What is the shelf life on the patches?
Answer: They will last for three years in the package.
- Question: Can I wear the patch anywhere other than my cap or hat?
Answer: No. Due to the habit of the deerfly, they are only effective on the top / back of the cap.
- Question: Does it matter what color of cap that I wear?
Answer: Our tests show that a light blue cap works best.
- Question: Will Deerfly Patches work on mosquitos, Black Flies, Gnats, or other biting flies?
Answer: Although some people have reported success with stopping a few other biting flies, we do not recommend them as protection for anything but Deerflies.
- Question: How can I remove glue?
Answer: On fabric, moisten a cloth with mineral spirits and rub.
On skin or hard surface, moisten a cloth with vegetable oil and rub.
- Question: What is the best insect repellent for Deerflies ?
Answer: A conventional repellent will not work on Deer Flies. Even DEET won't stop them. Natural Trednot Deerfly Patches worn on the cap is the most effective protection. They are odorless, no chemicals, and safe with children.