FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Question: How long will one patch last?
Answer: Each patch will last all day on your cap, even longer, just hang it up overnight and wear it again the next day. It can last up to 3 days.
- Question: What is the shelf life on the patches?
Answer: They will last for three years in the package.
- Question: Can I wear the patch anywhere other than my cap or hat?
Answer: No. Due to the habit of the deerfly, they are only effective on the top / back of the cap.
- Question: Does it matter what color of cap that I wear?
Answer: Our tests show that a light blue cap works best.
- Question: Will Deerfly Patches work on mosquitos, Black Flies, Gnats, or other biting flies?
Answer: Although some people have reported success with stopping a few other biting flies, we do not recommend them as protection for anything but Deerflies.
- Question: How can I remove glue?
Answer: Rub it with a few drops of vegetable oil or mineral oil. Use mineral spirits for dried glue.
11. Question: I'm having trouble checking out.
It keeps rejecting my credit credit card. How can I fix this?
Answer: When you go to checkout, click on: "Donít have a PayPal account? Pay as a guest".
Then fill out the information requested.
If you continue to have problems...Call Paypal Customer Service at 888-221-1161, they can walk you through any problem. They are open M-F 6 am to midnight and Sat & Sun 8 am to 10 pm central time.
Or call us at 231-832-2323.
- Question: Why do deerflies attack some people more than others?
Answer: Deerflies lie in wait in foliage and are attracted to motion...moving objects that pass nearby. That is what brings them to you. When they are closer, they are attracted to continued motion and carbon dioxide emitted by breathing, and by odor. Some people seem to have the right (or wrong) combination.
- Question: How can I pay for the patches and have them sent to someone else?
Answer: As you are checking out and have filled in the Paypal or credit card infomation, there will be a place right by "PAY NOW" to change the shipping address.
Or call us at 231-832-2323. Or Email us:
- Question: What is the best insect repellent for Deerflies ?
Answer: A conventional repellent will not work on Deer Flies. Even DEET won't stop them. Natural Trednot Deerfly Patches worn on the cap is the most effective protection. They are odorless, no chemicals, and safe with children.
- Question: Are Deerflies called by any other name?
Answer: Deerflies are Tabanids and are sometimes called a Marsh Fly, Sheep Fly, Yellow Fly, Pine Fly, Strawberry Fly, and Greenheads. In some areas of Virginia they are sometimes called a Mayfly.
In other countries they are called a March Fly, Forest Fly, Springfly, Gad Fly, Breeze Fly, Bull Dog Fly, Paarma, Zimb, Tsaltsalya, Seriut, and Cleg Fly.